Remember that movie Amelie? Oh, how beautiful and magical it was! Anywho, one thing about that movie that stayed with me was how all the characters had things they liked/things they don’t like list. Some funny, some mean-spirited, some sincere. I like the idea of putting up a list like that on the weekend.So here goes, this weekend’s Things I Like and Things I Don’t Like
Things I like:
- 2011 is ending! Bring it, 2012!
- Poinsettia cocktails for New Year’s Eve
- Hanging with The Boy and The Husband
Things I Don’t Like
- Hazelnuts. Gross. Which means no Nutella.
- Pacific Northwest winters. I don’t mind cold. I don’t mind rainy. Both during the winter can be trying, to say the least. Before you get your knickers in a knot, I KNOW that’s what the Pacific Northwest is known for but a solid month of cold, wet winter days with little sun can wreck havoc on anyone after a while.
That’s all humble reader. Have a brilliant weekend and a happy new year!
Don’t you just hate having resolutions? I have never, ever, in my entire life, kept a New Year’s resolution. It’s far too easy to set yourself up for failure with unrealistic unobtainable goals. As I tell many of the people I work with, life happens. You can start out with the best of intentions of doing something but life happens and suddenly (or subtly) you just forget what you were doing. Instead, I try to set suggestions for the year. Little things for me to do that won’t wreck my psyche if I fail. So here goes, in random order, my suggestion list for 2012.
- Lose Weight: Ideally, I would like to lose about forty pounds by the end of the year. Now, before anyone says anything, I am about 30 pounds heavier than I was five years ago. While I was never rail thin, I was certainly fitter. And sometimes, I just don’t believe I’m the person staring back at me in a mirror. So yeah, I would like to lose 40 pounds, but I would be happy with any weight loss.
- Increase my workout regime: I’m currently doing the Couch to 5k program (which I flipping love!) but illness and the whole grimness of winter in the Pacific Northwest (really early sunsets and nonstop rain, rain and more rain!) makes it a hard motivation to get out and run. I’m currently stuck on week five of the nine week program. I really want to get to the point where it’s no problem to run 30 solid minutes.
- Better job: I’m not ever going to talk about work on here but let’s just say I’m extremely bored and overqualified for the position I’m in. I love the people I work with and I like the organization but I’m so bored and underpaid in this position.
- More cooking with more pics: Baking, cooking, more baking, etc.
- More making stuff with more pics: Knitting, crafting, weaving, jewelry making, etc.
- More TTV pics: One of the coolest things I ran across was TTV photography. It’s basically using an old box camera as a lens. You point your camera through the box camera and take the picture. It takes the dreamiest pictures. (I’ll post some pics later tonight). I need to test out my new cameras.
- More quality time with The Husband and The Boy.
- Be a better person.
- Connecting or reconnecting with friends and family.
See? Those are all easy enough and fairly attainable.
Thanks for joining me again! I’m excited to get this blog thing going again. I have to admit, I do so like the title of this blog much better than the last time. Now if I could only stick with it!
So Toast Hungry? How did I get this name? Will this be a blog about toast? Well, no, maybe, we’ll see?
The name for the blog came from my most awesome five-years old son, known here as the Boy. We were sitting in the living room one day when he, out of the blue, turns to me and says, “Mommy, I’m toast hungry.”
“Yes, I’m toast hungry.”
“Are you saying you want some toast?”
“So, are you hungry?”
“No, just toast hungry”
And a new blog title was born.